Friday, December 13, 2019

Sewing Projects

Yesterday I took a ruler quilting class and planned on bringing my new sewing machine with me along with the extension table for it. Well the extension table didn't fit in the trolley for the machine so I made a tote for the table.
I put handles on the one side so if I want to carry it I can. The one on the side helps if I want to carry it the other way or put it on the trolley. When packing up to go, the bonus was, I was able to put my big ruler (6"x24") in the tote along with my project.  The little pocket on the front is for the legs of the table. They fit perfectly, but think I should have made it a bit bigger.

Below is the project. It's not done. It's not the greatest picture. The colors are soft pastel. great for a baby quilt. The 9 center squares are done, but the borders are not. Hopefully I'll get it finished over the weekend. I'll have to post another picture when it's done.
This was a fun class. In the past year or so, I've taken several quilting classes. I started with the beginner class and worked my way up. There are so many different ways you can quilt your pieces together and using rulers is just one. The rulers you use are not your typical ruler, they're made from plexiglass in different shapes and sizes. If you ever want to learn how to do this, I would recommend learning how to do free motion quilting (fmq) first.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...