Thursday, December 2, 2010

November Technique Class

Well I'm again a little behind but getting there. Here are samples from my technique class this past November. Since it was so close to Thanksgiving, I was already in the Christmas mode. This first card is the Crimped Diamond. I saw this technique on Splitcoast done by Lee Conrey. I also used the multipurpose adhesive sheets for the ornament. It just isn't the holidays without glitter! This second card is something I haven't done in awhile and saw it recently and thought it was time to do it again. This is something like emboss resist with a twist. I've heard it called a few things, but I call it Emerging Colors. You take a light colored cardstock and stamp several images in different colors, then take a solid image and stamp it with Versamark and use clear embossing powder. Then brayer over the whole thing with a dark ink and then wipe away the excess ink with a tissue. I used snowflakes for the background in case you couldn't tell and kept with the cool colors of the winter season. Hope you like it.
This last card was a bit of a challenge but with awesome results. I really like the DSP in the Holiday Mini catalog and the Bells & Boughs set. It has a very vintage look to it. It's a pop up card and I love to make pop up cards! They do take some time and of course the receiver needs to be someone very special. I also used the clear tinsel from the mini and the gold pearlized smooch in the main catalog.

Here is a picture of the inside of the card. Oops I forgot to turn the card, it's sideways below, but I'm sure you get it. It's also a bit bulky to mail, but again it has to be someone very special to receive this card! Well I hope you've enjoyed my samples. Cyndy





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...