Thursday, March 15, 2012

Octoberfest 2011

Well I realized I never posted this stuff. This was from the Girl Scout Octoberfest I do every year. We have such a good time. After the basket pictures are pictures of the class I taught. I did two classes. One was making a wreath using paper rosettes and the other class was making a banner for the fall. The last picture was of a group that came and played for us Saturday evening after dinner. They were there the year before and really enjoyed them, so I guess Hook invited them back.

We had a great time this year. Got to see some old friends and make new friends. The weather was fabulous too. Here is this year's basket. This will be perfect for collecting all the veggies from my garden. I even finished the handle! After it was done, Debbie sprayed an oak stain. I just love it! It gives it that vintage feel to the basket.

 This is Debbi Zvanut our basket instructor. Debbi is a great teacher. She had been Camp Director of Hoover a while back and also had been a sailing instructor. She and her husband have a sail boat and go sailing as well. She made up 2 sizes of baskets. I had asked if we could do this basket and most of those in the class did the medium size which was really a larger size basket. Class was 3 hours, but some worked on their basket in the afternoon and then again after dinner. 
Here is Debbi helping Dot work on her basket.











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...